What I Write

My young adult novels are dark, edgy, and realistic. Although I love paranormal and fantasy books, I prefer to create stories that could really happen (and in many cases, really are happening). For me, the echo of a story set firmly in the real world always haunts me long after I've read the final word. If you like Ellen Hopkins, Jay Asher, and Neal Shusterman, you might like my books, too.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Is Mercury in Retrograde???

Okay, so I have had the WEIRDEST week ever.

First, CVS lost my insurance information, so I had to wait in that little drive-thru lane for like twenty minutes while they "re-loaded" it.  While they were at it, the chick behind the plate glass window informed me that I have been overcharged for all my prescriptions for months!  So, now I have to fill out some form and apply for reimbursement through my insurance company.  That should be fun.

Then, I get this strange letter in the mail from my health insurance company saying some sort of grievance is being filed on my account (who the heck knows what THAT means) so I call and ask about it...but, they have no record of any such letter being sent NOR any record of a grievance being filed.

Next, (okay, I see my elementary school transitions making an appearance here, but let's just go with it) my husband's watch BURSTS INTO A MILLION PIECES ALL BY ITSELF.   I'm not kidding.  See the photo below.  It totally looks like someone took a hammer to it, but I swear, we just woke up Monday morning and the crystal was completely shattered.

Then, my super-sweet lab, Bentley, bolts from my house, running around the neighborhood (and inside my neighbor's garage) while I'm unloading a million groceries.

AND, I decided to bake peanut butter chocolate chip cookies (oh so good) and my oven magically turned itself off in the middle of the second batch.  So, like an idiot, I turn it back on with the cookies still in there, and while the oven preheated, it burnt my second batch to a crisp (which might be a good thing).

AND!!! When I took my daughter to Mommy and Me class a kid's cast just CAME OFF his arm (who has ever heard of THAT happening???). Some other kid grabbed it and the next thing I know two mothers are about to go HUNGER GAMES on each other right then and there!

I know there are other things I'm forgetting to include in this list, but I'm so exhausted from it all, I'm surely blocking some of it out.  Shew!  Is Mercury in Retrograde or something?  Or am I catching the backlash of a very menopausal Miss Karma this week?


2 comments:

  1. Hey Laura!
    I hope things have gotten less Twilight Zone-y for you. :)
    Thanks for the book rec on Unwind. I read it last night; took a long time to fall asleep. Just wow. And I heard he's got a sequel in the works-Unwholly.

    Thanks again, and I hope your edits are going well.
    Lynne
    (from Backspace :D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynne!

    Glad you liked it! I just finished CITY OF FALLEN ANGELS by Cassandra Clare (and I adored it, of course) and I just started ABANDON by Meg Cabot (My latest B&N purchase [in the margin]).

    Edits are going really well! I'm a little more than halfway through the MS right now and I plan to let it rest a week before I do my final read-through. Let me know if you'd be interested in doing a beta read for me. I'm thinking it will be ready in two weeks and I'd like to send it out to those agents that requested it by the end of July.

    How's yours coming? Keep me updated! ((hugs))

    ~L

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I'm a writer of contemporary teen fiction. My bookshelf is SLAMMED with young adult novels and I should be on some sort of twelve step program for my spending habits in Barnes and Noble. And, for the record, I LIKE having real books, so no Nook or Kindle for this gal.