What I Write

My young adult novels are dark, edgy, and realistic. Although I love paranormal and fantasy books, I prefer to create stories that could really happen (and in many cases, really are happening). For me, the echo of a story set firmly in the real world always haunts me long after I've read the final word. If you like Ellen Hopkins, Jay Asher, and Neal Shusterman, you might like my books, too.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Christmas is Early!!!

I totally loaded up on new books this week (B&N was having a killer sale - 50% off the top 200 YA books) and I just had to share my excitement.

First of all, that whole "track your package" link in my inbox is, like, the best thing since chocolate.  I swear it's just like having GPS on Santa's sleigh.  And, I know for a fact, that my 10 new books are chillin' in Atlanta, GA right now.  So pumped!!!


Anyway, out of all the books I ordered, THREE are serious stand-outs that I can't freakin' wait to get my grubby little paws on.  Here they are:

                                                                                                                                                                                                     

So keep your eyes peeled for my upcoming reviews!!!

Oh, totally had to add this in, too!!!


I just bought all five Percy Jackson books for $15 at B&N.com (they retail for $40).  Here's how:

Today only (8/18/11) all Percy Jackson books are BOGO (Buy one, get one free).  If you're smart (like me) you already know that Book #2 is listed in the "Bargain Books" section for $2.99.  Since the paperbacks retail for $7.99, I got all five books for $15 (including my 20% off educator's card).

What a deal!!!

If you're planning on buying this series, hurry the heck up!!!  It's only good today.  (Because today is Percy's birthday).  Sure, you could pre-order the 5-book set for $23.62, but why??? 

Thanks B&N!  I'm officially in a greeeeeeeeeeeeeeat mood.





3 comments:

  1. You're adorable! Apparently, I need to read these Percy Jackson books...

    :), Marie at the Cheetah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when Christmas comes early, too. I should be on a 12 step program as well. Right now I'm reading Forever and Passion is my next stop. I still have yet to find a series I like better than Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments--have you heard of them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE The Mortal Instruments series!!! I featured that series on my Five Faves of July. And, I agree. I have yet to find a series that I like better. It's soooo great. ~L

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I'm a writer of contemporary teen fiction. My bookshelf is SLAMMED with young adult novels and I should be on some sort of twelve step program for my spending habits in Barnes and Noble. And, for the record, I LIKE having real books, so no Nook or Kindle for this gal.