What I Write

My young adult novels are dark, edgy, and realistic. Although I love paranormal and fantasy books, I prefer to create stories that could really happen (and in many cases, really are happening). For me, the echo of a story set firmly in the real world always haunts me long after I've read the final word. If you like Ellen Hopkins, Jay Asher, and Neal Shusterman, you might like my books, too.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Backspace Writers Conference

Wow.

Just, wow.

My brain is still buzzing after a fantastic weekend at the Backspace Writers Conference in NYC.  The workshops, the panels, the people: Incredible.  I honestly feel I've learned a year's worth of craft in three amazing days. 

So, what now?

Well, I'm going to give myself a few days to chill, then I'm planning to jump back into my MS with both feet.  I already have a million ideas for adding microtension to every single page and to tighten up those areas that were nagging at me before I left.

After that?

Ummm, I have some manuscripts to send out...

3 comments:

  1. Hey Laura--

    I just wanted to say ditto about the conference and the overload of information (wish I could've stayed for the whole thing) and I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to chat with me. You are one of those wonderful people who make these things bearable. I look forward to reading more about Emma's journey and Cameron's ledger. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Koreen,

    It was so great to meet you, too! How is your project coming? Keep me updated.

    ~L

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I'm a writer of contemporary teen fiction. My bookshelf is SLAMMED with young adult novels and I should be on some sort of twelve step program for my spending habits in Barnes and Noble. And, for the record, I LIKE having real books, so no Nook or Kindle for this gal.